Loading the Truck
So you've got the Free Move-In Truck. Now What?
Here are some packing tips for smooth rides and easy moving.
- Always load the heaviest items first; this will help keep the truck stable and well-aligned on the road. It's a good idea to store items you'll use most at the front of the unit where you can get to them easily.
- Load the truck a quarter at a time, packing it tightly from the floor to ceiling. Secure each quarter with rope tied to the tie-down rings.
- Place bureaus, large china cabinets, sofas, refrigerators, and other heavy appliances against the front wall of the truck. Then load chairs, tables, bookcases and light items towards the back.
- Stand large, flat items like mirrors, mattresses, box springs and tabletops upright against the truck walls and tie them securely.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of bigger, heavier ones.
- Carry valuable papers and priceless treasures in the cab with you so they are not lost or damaged.
- Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
- Turn up the radio!